Sunday, August 29, 2021

Great bake-off 4, bread



I really like the variation, and the idea of using bagel toppings on grissini :-D

Everything Bagel seasoning: Just mix poppy seeds, white and black sesame seeds, very finely crushed onion and garlic flakes, and sea salt or finger salt. Everything one uses traditionally to top bagels. :-D

I would also like to make tricolori grissini - divide the dough into three parts, and knead in spinach powder in one part, and tomato powder in another part, and then twist these three colors together, sort of like candy cane pattern :-D (And I had forgotten Ruby had the same idea. Maybe it was in the back of my head all the time ;-) Uh, doesn't matter ;-))

Paul Hollywood's English muffins

Decorative bread

There's a lot of ways to decorate a bread. I'm thinking about the Korovai, but I'm not that fond of the "dead dough". I'm fascinated by the stenciled and scored breads.

But what about the flavors? Maybe za'atar babka? :-D Maybe with a cream cheese swirl in the middle? This one sounds really delicious as well: Savory cheese babka. Ah, bacon...



No comments: