Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Great bake off 2: Cakes

Signature cupcakes

Tried and tested recipes? I don't bake cupcakes. So, let's do tres leches cupcakes.
So - 1 or 2 kinds of cupcakes, everyone with different flavor cake and frosting. Interesting.
Different flavor cake - chocolate with mint frosting, and creme brûlée cupcakes :-)

Now, I don't like that much frosting. One swirl is quite enough. 
But they are pretty with the mint sprig.

Technical; Coffee and Walnut Battenberg

Showstopper; Tiered Chocolate Celebration Cake

Chocolate work, again...
Now, which chocolate cake? I do love devil's food cake. And as the only celebration I'd make a chocolate cake for is my own birthday, that's what I'll do. I love salmiakki. In Finland we have this amazing chocolate bar, made with milk chocolate and filled with salmiakki filling, and it's one of the best things ever. 

So I'm cordially going to ignore the fact that British taste isn't that into salmiakki, and would probably find the combination abominable. It's my cake. :-D
And for a fair warning, I'm going to decorate it as some sort of Goth wedding cake from hell, with sugar flames and dripping blood. 



No comments: