Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Great bake-off 4, pies and tarts

Signature double crusted fruit pie

One of my favorite pies is cherry pie, but if I'm going to make cherry strudel for Showstopper, I can't make cherry pie as the other challenge :-D Though, of course I could. 

The thing is that this is very British. We don't have the same pie traditions. 

We used to make blueberry pies. Finnish blueberries, I suppose they are called bilberries in English. Sometimes rhubarb, or apple. I like lemon pie... I wonder how that would work in a double crusted British form. :-D

This bilberry pie looks absolutely delectable! Just add decorative crust.


I could also make "queen" mix. In Finland, a jam made with blueberries and raspberries is called the Queen jam. 

Technical challenge is egg custard tarts

Yum!

Showstopper: Filo pie

I would make a Hungarian cream cheese cherry strudel, but HOW to make it a showstopper? It's just a strudel! Tanghulu cherries and almonds, marzipan fruit?



No comments: