Friday, September 03, 2021

The Great bake-off 4, pastry

Signature; Suet Pudding with sauce

Suet pudding... again, I don't know enough of English traditions to be able to be much innovative with this. So I suppose I'd make apple hat or a savoury pudding... I wonder what I would use to fill it. Chili? Maybe Bacon Badger, just because it has a fun name :-D

After all, it's a question of pastry. 

Now, suet is an interesting fat. There are, of course, "secrets" about using suet

Technical; Religieuses

Showstopper; 3 different kind of puff pastry canapés, one filled, one iced, and one of any kind

OK, so miniature Napoleons, palmiers carre, and conversation tarts.

Palmiers carre is a Korean thing - at least I haven't seen them anywhere else. The puff pastry is simply layered up to 6 times, cut into slices, baked and dipped in chocolate. There is no sugar or spices in it, it's just puff pastry. The Koreans love it.



No comments: